What should I do if I disagree with the value on my assessment?

The "Total Valuation used to Calculate Tax" listed on the Notice of Assessment should represent the approximate fair market value of your property as of January 1st.  If you disagree with the total valuation, we recommend that you first contact our office within 30 days of the "Date Mailed" on the assessment to review pertinent information and data used to calculate the total valuation.  You may only appeal your value during the 30 day period by completing a form provided by the assessor’s office or filing a statement with the assessor specifying the reasons why the assessment is incorrect.  

The County Commissioners, in their capacity as the County Board of Equalization, will hear and rule on all filed appeals.  As the appeal process is dictated by statute, please review Wyoming State Statute 39-13-109(b) for further information regarding the filing of your appeal.  You may also contact our office to discuss the process.  

Show All Answers

1. How often is property appraised in Teton County?
2. When can I expect the Assessor’s Office to complete an on-site inspection of my property?
3. What should I do if I disagree with the value on my assessment?
4. Why did my value change?
5. How did you arrive at the value of my property?
6. How do you acquire actual sales prices?
7. Can I review the sales information used in establishing the assessed value of my property?
8. Will my taxes go up if the market value of my property increases?
9. If I paid $86,000, why does my assessment schedule say $87,500?
10. Are all sales used in the market studies?
11. What is the level of assessment?
12. What is a mill levy?
13. How is the mill levy determined?
14. Is agricultural land valued differently than other properties?
15. What is real property?
16. What is personal property?
17. What is the deadline for reporting personal property?
18. If I am trading in a vehicle and purchasing a new vehicle, do I pay sales tax on the sales price before or after trade?
19. What forms of payment will the Treasurer accept?