Titling a Brand New Vehicle

In most cases, your title paperwork will be forwarded to our office. When the documentation has been received by or office you will be notified by postcard. *Post card will indicate what you need to bring in with you.

Paperwork Needed

The dealer or lender may have you sign a Wyoming application to send with your paperwork. Please bring in any paperwork provided by your dealer; this will help us locate your paperwork.

We will need the following:

  • The original Manufacturer`s Certificate of Origin properly signed by the dealership
  • A completed Title Application and VIN Inspection Form 
  • A Security Agreement/Loan Contract or UCC financing statement (if the vehicle is financed)
  • An odometer disclosure statement (PDF) or the odometer disclosure portion of the MSO properly completed
  • The purchase invoice from the dealer and proof of insurance are required by the Treasurer`s Office in order to transfer or issue license plates
  • The Wyoming Sales/Use Tax form provided by the dealer

When in doubt, give us a shout:

  • Phone: 307-733-4433
  • E-mail: vehicletitles@tetoncountywy.gov
  • Fax: 307-739-8634